I think the answer is obvious, that it can be as easy or as difficult as you make it, and you'll probably get something out of it either way. So if you want a productive vegetable garden with very little work, try using the following instructions. They are guaranteed to work, unless of course they don't.
1. Get some dirt. If you have land, scrape the sod back. If you don't have a shovel, use a tablespoon (but not the good ones). Or just dump some bagged soil into a pot.
2. Stick some zucchini seeds into the dirt.
3. Add some water. Keep adding water whenever the dirt looks dry.
4. Pull the zucchinis off before they get to be the size of a baseball bat.
5. When you can't eat any more zucchini, rip the plant out.
See, that's not so hard, is it? Only 5 easy steps. It will help if you have a sunny spot, of course. If you don't, you might try using lettuce seeds instead. The zucchini, however, looks much more impressive.